Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Quiet Time

Quiet time does NOT happen very often in a house raising three kids and two dogs. And yes, you have to raise dogs almost the same way you raise a toddler. When you do stumble upon this glorious, precious, thing called Quiet what do you do?

Laundry.
Exercise.
Read.
Write.
Call a friend.
Bake or cook.
Facebook.

I sit. To be more precise, I go to the bathroom, I close the door, and I sit on the toilet. No. I may not be using the commode for it's intended purpose, but I am in there. There are no shouts of "Mommy!!??", no suddenly opening doors with queries of "What are you doing?", and no dogs digging holes. During the Quiet I imagine doing all the things on that list above, and let's face it - I definitely am on Facebook... Mostly, I am just so very, very happy to be left alone.

I have one child that naps still. He is the middle, my almost two-year-old, my hell on wheels, my super special 33-weeker. The oldest is a girl, and at almost six is definitely too old and probably too cool to take a nap. Little baby is almost one, and also seem to share the opinions of his sister and is too cool to nap. Girl dog is almost nine, and Boy dog is almost two... both find the UPS man and the mailman totally intolerable, and like making giant holes in the yard. Husband often comes home from being an Army Man to a house in chaos, and me lamenting that there isn't enough wine in the world to get through these years.

I love my children. I love my dogs. I love my husband. But sometimes, I REALLY just want to sit. Sit in the quiet bathroom and daydream about doing other things.

Also, it would be nice to poop in peace.


2 Comments:

At February 17, 2015 at 2:01 PM , Blogger j said...

We are soul sisters.

 
At February 17, 2015 at 3:33 PM , Blogger Sami Zeno said...

Yes, please! Minecraft babysits my older two while the younger fights me to take a nap. Quiet, please!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home