Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Snow Daze

I used to LOVE snow days as a kid. No school? Parents at work? TV time!!!

Well, I do this stay at home gig, and my kids are driving me insane. No one napped - they are hardcore. I let the oldest and middlest skate aroun the dining room in their sock-feet and that was a win until middle wiped out and ended up with a goose egg. 



Packed The Three into the van, with all their coats, loveys, water, snacks, and the damned Rainbow Rocks Soundtrack. I drove all the way to Lowe's, unloaded everyone, got to the door and realize I left the m-fing money at home. Repack all the kids, went home, got the cash, decided I didn't want to go to Lowe's anymore, and we went to Walmart.

Oh, Walmart. I was definitely not the only stay at home parent with the desperate idea of Going Out.. I heard more than one parent exclaim at their child "Just shut your mouth for one minute. Please? Just quiet." We all nodded at each otherr with that sad, angry face you get when dealing with children nonsense ALL DAY LONG. 

My husband has to workout, so of course he will be late. He will come sailing in right at bedtime for the children. I am 100% sure he misses them all day long, and is maybe slightly more than happy to just kiss them good night. Maybe he should bring me more wine...?

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

At March 4, 2015 at 7:23 AM , Blogger TDT Designs said...

Definitely you need more wine lol.
My sister in law went to Target midday with my 7 month old godson and she said "I found my people. All the stay at home moms are at Target just wandering around." Made me laugh...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home